Friday, December 14, 2007

Debiting 101

Today I had a day off from work so I took my mother shopping for clothes and essentials. We went to Target, or Targe, since the sign at the brand new store already lost its second T.

She used her new debit card that draws on an account opened with insurance money she received after the fire.

The money is for replacing smoke-damaged clothes, and for buying groceries and necessities. We assume that means some Christmas presents as well. Tee hee.
Apparently the house renovations will be paid for directly by the insurance company, as far as I can determine. That project is ahead of us.
She had never used a debit card before, and needed some assistance. But we got through it.

* * *
I'm not one to wish my life away, but this has not been a very good year for us and I'm ready for it to end.
I just ho-ho-hope that 2008 is better.

8 comments:

slow panic said...

I hope 2008 is better to. It WILL get better, even if it's not 2008. Those hard, bad things always seem to hit within months of each other and you feel like you are sinking..... Heads up, the new year is almost here.

Patti said...

Thank you for the encouragement, Jodi!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hope it goes good honey!

smiles, bee

Mimi Lenox said...

Yes, and you will find blessings in 2008 that you never dreamed possible. I just know it!

Patti said...

Bee and Mimi: thank you both for your kind words ~

Odat said...

Here's to a great year for you...
If you believe......it will come true!
Peace

Lynn said...

I hope that 2008 is a better year for us all.

Patti said...

Odat: I believe it will get better.

Lynn: Here's to a great 2008!