Wednesday, December 5, 2007

I'm back, sort of

My mother moved into her temporary digs yesterday afternoon. It's a nice, older house (built in 1940) in the town's historic district. It has an updated kitchen and the heat works well - much better than ours - so she is happy.
It was a hectic day, as I combined two trips between my house and her new one, running to the grocery store and bank and writing a feature story about a 9-year old who is taking flying lessons and interviewing a couple of people on the phone.
So last night I was way too tired to re-enter the blogosphere. But I'm here for a few minutes anyway.
This morning I responded to all my friends who commented on my post from Sunday.
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. ~

6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i hope you are feeling better honey. this happening at the holiday time is really double rough. big hugs to you...

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

Welcome back! Remember to take care of yourself. Sometimes there is a backlash from overextending oneself. Having an 'extra' person in the house can be quite stressful...because everything you do becomes an 'event' as opposed to normal everyday stuff.

Christy said...

I hope you get some time to chill. Helping yourself to be well is important, too ya know. =o)

Mimi Lenox said...

Take your time, Patti. We understand and we'll be here.

Casdok said...

Good that your mum is happy. Remember yourself.

Odat said...

Nice to see you back again...and your Mom settled.
Peace