Sunday, December 2, 2007

Cry me a river ~ maybe

I may have come up with a way to turn on the water works to relieve some stress.
It came to me yesterday as I was driving to Hartford to pick up Kid One. I was tired, so I had the radio on loud to keep myself alert.
I listened to a lot of classic rock, then switched to a station playing Christmas songs. I don't mean Christmas carols, but those tunes that remind me of decades gone by. I was getting a bit emotional as I drove north.
A steady diet of "Blue Christmas," "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree," and Alvin and the Chipmunks singing "The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) " for the next three weeks may just help me unwind and weep a little.
It's worth a try.

10 comments:

Casdok said...

Yes its worth a try.
Hope you manage to unwind even if only a bit.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i am the opposite, i cry all the time... good luck honey.

smiles, bee

Odat said...

I'm like Bee, I cry at e'thing!!!

Peace

Michele said...

awww... tears cleanses the soul. I hope all goes well. ((HUG))

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - maybe you're suffering from a bit of post traumatic stress. You've been through a lot. Just pull over and cry.

Lynn said...

If you feel that crying will help you relieve stress, then by all means find yourself a way to cry you a river. I find that when I want to cry, I usually put on some sad song and play it over and over and over until those tears come.

Christy said...

Or you could watch "One Magic Christmas" that movie is one of my favorite movies to watch this time of year and it always gets me choked up.

Michael C said...

All 3 of those songs are Christmas musts for me!!!

Linda said...

Patti, if you really need a good cry then stop by my blog and check out The Christmas Shoes Redux and if the video there doesn't get you to crying then you are just not going to cry!

Patti said...

Casdok: thank you ~

Bee: I wish I could do that!

Odat: I never would've suspected ;-)

Michele: thanks ~

Mimi: I was thinking of ptsd just the other day. Great minds...

Lynn: yes, sad songs seem to help

Christy: I'll have to check it out

Michael: but do they make you weep?

Linda: I'll give it a try