Thursday, September 25, 2008

That looks familiar

You know when you see something and you don't know where you've seen it but you've seen it?
That's what happened to me when I was reading this account from Duchess Linda about her beach vacation last week with five of her blog buddies.
I was looking at her pictures from the first post she shared about the vacation and lo and behold she showed us Southeast Lighthouse which she photographed when the group visited Block Island.
I've never seen it, but I have a print of a painting of it hanging on the wall.
Several years ago I met a Connecticut artist and he gave me a print of the water color he had painted of the lighthouse. I had the print framed, back when I could afford such luxuries.

If and when I ever get to Block Island, I'll definitely visit this historic lighthouse.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh how funny!!!

smiles, bee
xxooxoxoxxoxoxo

Linda said...

It truly is a small world, isn't it?

What a great print though I have to say I'm not sure what angle it's from as the lighthouse is almost on the edge of the bluffs. As a matter of fact, they had to move it back from the bluffs because of erosion and danger of it falling into the sea. It's a beautiful building, as is the rest of Block Island, you and Ralph would love it!

Dianne said...

That is a cool story

and a beautiful painting