Monday, September 15, 2008

Steeplechasing - this time in another Connecticut town

In August we attended a dedication for our niece's adorable baby daughter.
It was held at a Congregational Church 55 miles from our house.


While we were there I did a bit of 'steeplechasing,' just for fun. I found the exterior of the stone church we visited to be quite beautiful.

I thought the design of the entranceway was cool. I brightened the photo a bit, because there were some shadows when I snapped the picture.

The street scene below shows off the New England town's old-style architecture and stone buildings that have so much interesting detail. Certainly nothing like today's glass and concrete edifices and the ubiquitous strip shopping centers that litter the landscape.

Blecch. No character.

I really got on my soapbox today. Regular readers will wonder what happened, I imagine. :-)

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i know what you mean about today's buildings... so sad. what will be thought about them in a hundred years? oh wait, they won't last that long...

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

There is such a sacred feel to churches out of stone.

Linda said...

Okay, so I just got back from my vacation and haven't even sorted through all of my email but I just had to come check this out - so glad I did because it's beautiful!

You are so right about modern architecture, too. It's all just so BLECH anymore it seems.

Unknown said...

Patti:

What town in Connecticut was this?

Dennis

(donnagha@gmail.com)