Thursday, September 11, 2008

A simple remembrance on Sept. 11




I took these and other photos Wednesday at the technical high school near our house. I knew I was going to be writing about the school's remembrance today, and took some photos of their 220-flag display in case the newspaper didn't send a photographer. Luckily for me the paper sent a great photog to the school today. I can't wait to see the picture she took.

The teacher who organized the display, got the donations for the flags and for flowers for a memorial garden, vowed that as long as he is teaching there something will be done each year in memory of those who died that awful day.

it's hard to believe that the number of services to remember Sept. 11 has decreased greatly just seven years later. But sadly it has.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a lovely remembrance!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxoox

Linda said...

Kudos to that teacher for keeping the memory of those that perished alive.

Be sure to post the link to your article so we can read it!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

This will be a lovely thing to do year after year. To remember and not forget.

Dianne said...

lovely photos!

the rows of flags gave me the chills, much like Arlington always does.

Travis Cody said...

I'll always remember.