Saturday, September 6, 2008

Creative photograph #13 - 1

A writer friend of mine, Sarah, got married four years ago this week on a perfect September day in Connecticut. The lakeside setting for the wedding was spectacular, as you can see.

Here I decided to put the bride and groom into an oil painting. Click on it for full painting effect.

Then I tried a Black & White effect, which reminds me of wedding photos from the '40s and '50s. Sarah, who is a stunning young woman, reminds me of Elizabeth Taylor in that classic 1950 movie, "Father of the Bride."

* * *

P.S. Please click on all of them to get a good look.

This is my entry in Roger's Creative Photography contest #13-1. (According to newly posted rules that have me a bit confused, but I am giving it a whirl.)

To join in the fun, visit Idaho Photo. Thanks as always, Roger, for hosting. And thanks to the judges for judging.

12 comments:

RW said...

That's a great photo Patti! I like the filters you use there all great! I favorite the oil painting nice tones.

Have a great weekend Patti.

Sarah Caron said...

Thanks, Patti, for remembering when I was married! Four years this week. Crazy. Time really does fly, doesn't it?

The photo is fantastic, and I loved the filters you chose -- I am partial to the black and white.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

what a beautiful wedding!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

It looks like Sarah could not have had a more perfect day for her wedding (unlike this particular week of September has been ... ugh!).

There's just something about the black & white effect that makes wedding pictures that much more stunning. I have a black & white picture of my parents' wedding hanging on my dining room wall - it's one of my very favorites in the house.

Unknown said...

How absolutely perfect - the location, the bridal couple and the photo itself. I like both filters you've used... yes, I'm a huge fan of b/w photos :-)

The oil-painting effect is awesome. Love the colors and the fact it is still "detailed".

Good luck, Patti!

Sanni @ My Life Through A Lens

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

The black and white version is tugging the strings of my heart.
Something magical about B%W wedding pictures.

#13 Week.1 Creative Photography

GMAC said...

wow this is a great photo! i love the skies enveloping the whole wedding ceremony.

Kimmie said...

Hi Patti!

Oh I just love the oil painting photo! Very pretty. I think the black and white looks nice also but the paint look stole my heart!

Good Luck!
Hugs,
Kimmie

Dianne said...

I'm so behind on my CP visits!!

I love the sky and the way the top of the gazebo seems to just reach out into the sky.

Gattina said...

Looks very romantic !

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Like the oil painting effect Patti...very nice

Kelly Ann said...

The weather looks just darling for such a celebratory day! :)