Friday, October 12, 2007

'Twas a busy Thursday~ Friday's looking busy too

Yesterday was busy for us. I took my mother to have cataract surgery on eye #2, so that means she now is all done! The doctor said the surgery went really well and it was easier than the first one (is he getting more practice?) That was a joke.

While I was at the hospital with her, Ralphie was "enjoying" his very first day as a substitute teacher. And with beginner's luck he got stuck with probably the most difficult age - seventh graders.
But he did it and lived to tell about it. He will probably post about it later today, after he brings our son to visit a college here in Connecticut.
Meanwhile Kid Two missed school because was helping out at a health and safety fair for senior citizens. The National Honor Society members were invited to spend the day doing some community service. It got a bit boring, I guess. But they got out of classes!
Last night I made my peace globe, with a little help from the aforementioned son. (See previous post. ) Dear Mimi, founder of the Peace Globe movement, likes it. So I'm happy. She sent me a T-shirt already for my blog (yay!).
Today after my mother gets her eye covering taken off at the doctor's office I am doing a story about a teacher from a local technical high school who is being featured on "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" Sunday night. That should be interesting.

P.S. Enjoy the comic. And have a sparkling day.

toothpaste for dinner
toothpastefordinner.com

8 comments:

Lynn said...

Glad to hear your mom's second cataract surgery is now behind her, and you. Can't wait to hear about Ralph's experience as a sub. Glad to hear that he lived to tell about it. Hopefully he will continue to get more and more sub assignments. Those middle schoolers can be really tough!

Patti said...

Hi Lynn, yes middle school is a tough age group. :-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

so happy for your mom and sarge went for his check up yesterday, his eyes are wonderful! and happy for ralph too! woo hoo...

smiles, bee

Joan said...

Wow...Ralph sure deserves a medal for taking on a middle school class as a brand new substitute. I sure can't wait to hear about his "adventure."

And I'm happy to read that your mom's #2 cataract surgery went well and that she's now on the recovery road. I bet you and she are glad she's done with it!

Linda said...

Maybe it's just my imagination but most days seem to be busy lately and then before you know it, the whole year is gone! Gee, that must have been the optimist in me that just typed that line!

Glad to hear that everything went well for your mom and can't wait to read about Ralph's first day as a substitute - with 7th graders no less!

the moose buyer said...

I must have missed Ralph getting a teaching job but I am so very pleased. I am also happy your mom's surgery went well. It is a very easy surgery and the results are so "clear"!!!

Patti said...

Bee: thanks ~ glad to read Sarge had a good result at the eye doctor!

Joan: he does deserve a medal. My mother seems fine, thankfully.

Linda: I agree this year is flying by.

Moosie: Thanks, she seems fine..And as for R, it was just one day!

Odat said...

I got tired just from reading about your day! lol...Glad your Mom's surgery went well..and Yeah for Ralph!!! I didn't know that.
Peace