Sunday, October 14, 2007

SQUASH-ed

For the past year my husband Ralph, a.k.a. Airhead55, and I have been contributing once a month to a blog called Fit Fare. I am not a cook, but he enjoys cooking and together we can make a meal happen. My friend Sarah who authors the blog Cucina Bella, also edits Fit Fare. I have both of them listed on my sidebar and you really should give them a look-see.

At the moment I am baking glazed acorn squash rings. If you knew me in person you'd be shocked that I was doing this on a quiet Sunday afternoon (I really want a nap!).
I am multi-tasking, making the recipe and then running back to write about it on another template.
Ralph isn't feeling his best today. Maybe this healthy recipe will kill whatever ails him. As long as it doesn't kill him. Yikes.

Acorn squash is not easy to slice into rings, I can attest. I wrestled with it long enough and somehow got the thing sliced without calling upon Kid Two and his upper-body strength.
Healthy harvest eating to all...

11 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sounds good to me! well, if there is cake for dessert that is! ha ha ha

smiles, bee

Patti said...

I can buy cake if you are headed over

Mimi Lenox said...

You are cooking squash. Yum Yum.

Lynn said...

DH and I love acorn squash. I usually just cut it in 1/2, scoop out the seeds, add some margarine and nutmeg, and bake in the over. I would love to hear how you make baked glazed acorn squash rings. Are you up to sharing the recipe? (If your arms aren't too tired?)

RW said...

I want some :D

Patti said...

Mimi: yes, I did that today!

Lynn: I will send you a link when it appears later this week.

Roger: It was good!

Odat said...

Sounds good!! and I'm definitely going to check out that site later..since I love food!!! ;-)
(btw, the site now works where I can pick up my Chirstmas award...thanks again...I'm going to post it tomorrow!! ;-)

Peace

Patti said...

Odat: yay food!! and Santa!!!

Christy said...

Acorn squash soup is delicious. I bet your rings were, too!

Casdok said...

Ive never heard of acorn sqaush!

Patti said...

Christy: sounds yummy

Casdok: It's good