Sunday, April 22, 2007

Me and my big mouth

Ever since I discovered in January how much fun and how much therapy blogging can offer a person I urged my husband to start writing a blog of his own.
I should have known better. Homer has a way of revealing all of our "little secrets" in casual conversation with family and friends. Why did I think he would act any differently in the blogosphere?
By secrets I mean the fact I gave him a Tony the Tiger bowl, juice glass and spoon for a Christmas present last year.
Or that one of the highlights of our August vacation on Cape Cod is playing mini-golf or having a $2 baguette from a French bakery.
I never said we were an exciting family. But we do have our traditions.

I am waiting with a bit of trepidation to see what Airhead 55 comes up with next. I hope it has nothing to do with my age, weight, or what my true dreams and aspirations are...

9 comments:

Joan said...

Hmmm...after reading your post, I'm beginning to wonder why I've been urging Hubby to get back to posting on his blog. He and Ralph seem to be cut from the same cloth...secrets? What secrets?!??

Patti said...

yes Joan, tread lightly...I've learned my lesson

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh i understand this completely. charile first started commenting on my blog, then i helped him get his own so he would stay out of mine, he knew my password and put up a post while was asleep once! argggg.... now every little thing in the world is fair game to him. i tell him it is the internet, be careful, he thinks every reader is his friend. men. idiots...

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Not every reader is my friend? Dang.

Patti said...

Empress bee: I guess us good folks just have to take our chances on the Internet.

Lynn said...

Patti - Now I am glad that my hubby isn't interested in blogging.

Patti said...

Lynn: have you tried to get him into it?

Lynn said...

I've mentioned blogging to him a few time...it just doesn't interest him.

Patti said...

too bad. I'm learning stuff about Homer - I mean Airhead