Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Careful what you wish for


So last month and the month before I was moaning about winter weather. I was wishing for spring. Then the April morning sunshine started streaming through my window and I noticed the army of dust bunnies that had taken up residence in our dining area/kitchen.

Now I look at my yard and all I can see is yellow. I'm not referring to the lovely forsythia that has bloomed on the side, mind you, but rather those pesky dandelions.
And they are multiplying at an alarming rate.
But at least it is spring.
Guess I could make a salad out of the greens.
Anyone for some dandelion wine?

6 comments:

Lynn said...

So, Spring has sprung. Dust bunnies are good...they protect the surface of whatever they land on ;~) Dandelions are good too...they add color to the landscape. I think that many people don't like them because they're called a "weed", but if they were called a "prolific flower" instead, then they wouldn't be so bad. Do they really make dandelion wine out of dandelions?

Patti said...

I believe there is such a thing as dandelion wine

sari said...

Think of what joy dandelions bring to kids...remember when you were little, blowing the dandelions and making a wish? Watching the little fluffy white seeds all fly on to new homes?

They're not that bad. :-)

Patti said...

you're right, Sari. It's just that they suddenly arrived today and they gave me something to blog about.

Lynn said...

Re: Homer's blog...do you understand the whole "strikethrough" thing?...I don't...maybe I'm hopeless.

Joan said...

I'm just glad my lawn has some color to it...even if it's only dandelions! They're flowers aren't they??? OK...so I'm no gardener.