Saturday, April 14, 2007

And of course...


Here is Theodore Cleaver, who everyone called The Beaver.
I cannot watch the reruns without getting misty-eyed.
I seem to have the same problem when I watch those wacky Ricardos and Mertzes get caught up in their madcap adventures.
Let's not forget the Andersons, and Dr. Alex Stone's nuclear family. But more about them later.
It was a simpler time, at least in television land it was. I was oblivious to things going on in the world, i.e. the Cold War, etc.
Ah, childhood.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

When you watch the reruns do you get misty eyed because you remember simpler times, or because you know that now the "Beav" is a middle aged man?

I feel sad for my kids, who have no patience to watch black and white reruns of old t.v. shows.

Patti said...

because it brings me back to my childhood.

Joan said...

As innocent as those times were for us kids, I still remember the fear whenever we would do a "Duck and Cover" drill in school. There we were under our desks or against the walls in the hallway being told naively how this would protect us when the Russians dropped the "big" bomb. I guess The Beav lived in a world where bombs didn't exist.

Patti said...

I don't know why but we never did "duck and cover" drills