Monday, November 12, 2007

An autumn morning

This is a view from our patio at our humble abode in Connecticut.
With gasoline prices what they are, I guess I should be grateful I don't have to drive any distance to catch a glimpse of some beautiful fall foliage.

The last of the vibrant red, yellow, and orange leaves are swiftly dropping from the trees now, which means it's almost time for Thanksgiving...gobble, gobble.I snapped these one sunny morning last week, as I was getting ready for the day.

11 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh they are lovely!! i sure do miss autumn. playing catch up. wow so many to read!

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Bee!!! welcome back to the U.S. ;-)

Odat said...

Wow How Pretty!!!
Peace

Michele said...

Those are beautiful photos. It's amazing how many leaves are still on the trees when here all the leaves have fallen so long ago, and yesterday it was snowing.
Very pretty indeed.

Lynn said...

Beautiful photos. We don't get those colors here...just green and brown. sigh

Joan said...

Your photos are wonderful. So many of us who live in the Southwest would pay large amounts of money to have the views you do at this time of the year. Sigh...

Joan said...

Oops...I forgot to mention that I've left you a little "assignment" on my blog. Have fun!

Patti said...

Odat, Michele, Lynn and Joan: I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Joan: I'm heading over..

Casdok said...

I live the colours at this time of year.

Christy said...

Very inviting photos. I do love fall foliage, it's calming.

Patti said...

Casdok and Christy: I also love the fall colors, which are now almost gone for another year.