Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Nothing new ~ It's a waiting game

Well, the story in the paper came out OK. It talked about the heroics of the volunteer firefighter and the neighbor who fortunately just happened to be coming home from work at 4 a.m. , called 9-1-1 and ran to get a ladder, which the firefighter used to save my mother. The firefighter lives just down the road from her, it turned out, and arrived on the scene before the truck and ladders.

She is still at the first hospital. She wasn't transferred to New Haven yesterday as we had thought was going to happen so I guess that will happen today.
I'm not doing that much but I'm "on call" by the phone, waiting for news, waiting to hear from the insurance adjuster, stuff like that. I'm in a state of alertness.
I'm rambling, but it feels good to ramble.
My co-workers are supportive, via e-mail and phone, since I work from home. I haven't told too many friends about this yet. And if they read it in the paper they wouldn't know my mother's last name and therefore would not connect her to me.
It's hard to repeat the story, and I'm not a talker. Maybe I'll just refer them to my blog. And to Ralph's.
On a brighter note, we're thawing the turkey (sorry, Lynn!) and while I'm working today Homer will be making stuffing for baking tomorrow.

I miss reading my blog friends, those of you who are reading this right now! Looking forward to catching up when I have time and feel like I can relax. I'll be back to visit.

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hope thanksgiving is nice for you honey and your mom and homer too!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

I hope your mom is well soon and that things return to some sort of state of normal for all of you.

Hang in there and keep the faith!

Patti said...

Bee & Linda: thanks, and I hope you both have a Happy Thanksgiving!
We are all hanging in there....

Joan said...

Hopefully your mom will recover soon and all the repairs that come with a calamity such as this will happen quickly and efficiently.

Enjoy your turkey and hopefully you'll all be able to relax a little.

{{Hugs}}
Joan

Michele said...

Just catching up after getting out of the hospital myself and I'm hoping that you're mom continues to stay on the road of recovery and hopefully all will somehow get back to some sort of normalness. What a crazy few days it has been! I am so glad that everyone is safe.

Lynn said...

We'll be including you and your family in our Thanksgiving prayers. Hopefully your mother will be recovered enough to be able to spend Thanksgiving at your house.

Dan said...

Patti, I've missed some serious stuff. I'm so glad your mom made it out alive! Woah. Something to be thankful for tomorrow! Hugs.