Sunday, June 29, 2008

Social engagements : fun but exhausting

We've been busy around here, but it's all good stuff.
On Tuesday Kid One and I attended a graduation for a friend of hers at The Sound School in New Haven, a magnet school located on Long Island Sound. Bill was the last of four student speakers and received a diploma with honors. He is going to major in aquaculture in college. Go Bill! We love ya!
Here is part of the school's gorgeous setting. I had never been there before and was most impressed.
On Friday we attended a lovely wedding. We were glad my mother was able to be with us there. She almost didn't think she would be up to it. But she came and had a good time.
The bride is my cousin's daughter. Does that make her my second cousin? Or first cousin once removed? It was almost an exact replay of her sister's wedding last June: same church, same priest, same inn overlooking New Haven Harbor and Long Island Sound.
I had fun taking a few scenic photos.


I love taking sunset photos.

Got home late and more than a bit partied out. Recuperated for part of Saturday...had to, because Saturday night I attended a surprise Bachelorette Party.

It was a fantastic and emotional gathering of the bride's family and friends, hosted by her sister and four daughters. So many smiles, so many hugs and kisses, so many happy tears. The bride was surprised and quite overwhelmed.

It's the second time around for the bride and groom, who are 69 and 77 respectively. They are a truly wonderful couple. The groom, a widower, just became a great-grandfather for the first time.

Today we have our son's piano recital to look forward to and then, hopefully, a quiet few days until Friday! What's Friday you ask? The Fourth of July and the day our daughter's boyfriend arrives for the weekend.
I'm glad I just got those super vitamins for old people. I'm going to take my first one today with breakfast. I'm going to need something to keep me going..

9 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

your photos are BEAUTIFUL!!! try to take a video of the piano! but to post it on blogger it needs to be around 30 seconds, otherwise it'll take you an hour to upload it!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

thank you, Bee! ;-)

Lynn said...

I think that if I went to a school that had such a gorgeous setting I would never attend class!

I also get confused with first cousin...second cousin...etc...now I just resort to saying "family".

Great photos:~)

Lynn said...

Oh and let me know how the new vitamins work out.

Odat said...

Gorgeous pics!!!!

So, did the party have a couple of half naked men dancing???? ahahahha!

Peace

Joan said...

Whew...I'm exhausted just reading about your busy life...you party girl! Love the photos...and do you think I can go to that school during my next life...oh pretty please.

Michele said...

EGADS! Those sunset photos are stunning! WOW... what colors! Very nice... I really don't think you need those vitamins yet... you seem to be doing much more than the average 25 year old out there! You are incredible!

Mimi Lenox said...

What beautiful photos, Princess Patti. You do have a way with the camera. Congratulations to Bill!
I know how proud you must be.

The bride and groom were 69 and 77?
There's hope for me yet.

Linda said...

Those are some gorgeous sunsets! We don't get them like that here in Norwich - or at least not that I've seen. I may have to start doing some hunting around to see what I can find!