Friday, June 13, 2008

Pain at the pump - Week 2

Since I haven't had the energy to post about much lately (been rather busy) I'm thinking of making this a regular feature!
Well, maybe not.

I snapped this photo yesterday, June 12, when I filled up at my usual spot, the Mobil station here in southern Connecticut.

The Shell station a quarter-mile away was actually selling gas for two cents less a gallon (usually it's higher there).

Last Thursday the price was 12 cents less a gallon at Mobil, and 6 cents less at Shell.

Bah humbug.

Thanks to Linda, who came up with the Pain at the Pump meme and gave me something easy, albeit painful, to post about today.

How are gas prices in your corner of the world?

4 comments:

Christy said...

Gas is at a low of $4.06 round here in Delaware. I don't know how people are going to be able to go to work 5 days a week with these prices. It is insane!

RW said...

Shell always cost more they say they have a higher octain rating which is suppose to give you more miles per gallon.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

we paid $3.99 today but all the other stations are just over four bucks, eck!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxxooxxoo

Linda said...

I'm afraid to look as it was $4.37 in some places yesterday and it tends to go up a little every day.

How do they expect people to be able to afford anything else? Is there no end in sight??