Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Mr. A.H.S.

Last week nine brave young men, all 12th graders, took part in an all-in-good-fun competition to determine who would be crowned Mr. A.H.S. The annual event is always a popular one at the high school.
One of those courageous kids was our son, Kid Two. He did a great job, says me, his mom.
He played the role of "Mr. White and Nerdy" taken from "Weird Al" Yankovic's song of the same name.
"White & Nerdy" is the second single from Yankovic's album Straight Outta Lynwood.

For his skit Kid Two played a teacher. He wore a white button down shirt, black pants and black tie shoes. A pocket protector would have been a perfect accessory.

All of the boys made fun of themselves, or at least how they see themselves, and it was hysterical.
I know how hard they all worked on their videos and skits, and they spent hours in rehearsal.

Even though he didn't win, just watching Kid Two up on stage made me and Ralph proud of him once again.

Here's the video:


6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

yeah the pocket protector put him over the top! ha ha ha good one!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Michael C said...

Sounds like a blast! I did stuff like that all the time in high school!

Casdok said...

I can see why you are so proud. :)

Christy said...

More power to all the nerds out there (myself included).

Linda said...

It's so nice when people can poke fun at themselves and have a good time doing it. I love this Weird Al video by the way!

Odat said...

That's a riot....too funny!
I love Weird Al!
Peace