Saturday, March 22, 2008

Feeling thankful

Yesterday morning I drove to the big city (that would be New Haven).
In the shadow of one of the most prestigious universities in the world, I spotted a person sleeping on the grass in a tiny park between two city streets.

The stark contrast between the haves and the have-nots was right there in front of me.
I wonder why that person (not sure if it was a man or a woman) was sleeping there? What brought that person to that point in his or her life?

Seeing that poor soul lying there made me appreciate all that I do have.

5 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i can answer that for you in one word. addiction. i'd bet anything on it.

happy easter my friend to you and your lovely family!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxxo

Patti said...

I think you're right about it being addiction.


Happy Easter, Bee, to you and yours as well. :~)

Casdok said...

It does make you think.
Happy Easter!

Odat said...

I once met a guy that lived underneath the WestSide Highway in NYC...was smart, intelligent...used to be a professor...he lost his house in a fire, had a mini nervous breakdown and there he was......relatively happy too...but that's rare, most of the time it is addiction. How lucky we are. "There but for the grace of God, go I"
Peace

Patti said...

Casdok: yes, it does. Happy Easter to you and C.

Odat: There but for the grace of God...

Happy Easter to you