Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Birds and newspapers and tiaras, oh my

I haven't posted much lately. I've been busy with other stuff that keeps me from blogging.
Remember our friend the silver pheasant? (See Saturday's post).
I ended up writing a story yesterday about him for the newspaper and it was published today, with the photo that previously appeared on this blog.
I fed the bird some cracked corn yesterday. I threw it on the ground; I wouldn't dare feed him by hand. I'm kinda fond of my fingers.
The handsome male pheasant gobbled the corn down and came up on the patio as if he wanted to be let into the house before strolling away.
He seems lonely, but a wildlife expert told me these birds are not communal.

My mother, in whose backyard he spends a lot of time, affectionately calls him "B.T."
Can you figure out why? (Answer below*)

In addition to work and the usual stuff like cooking (not much), laundry (a lot) and litter box cleaning, I unearthed my tiara from a box full of mothballs.Why, you ask, would I need a tiara?

Stay tuned.

(* it's short for "Big Tail")

7 comments:

Christy said...

Are you going on Princess Diaries on us? Have you recently found out you are a decendent of royalty?

Is it a birthday tiara? Do tell. Do tell!

Casdok said...

Intrigued by the tiara!!

Linda said...

I know! I know! Pick me!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ohhhh i LOVE tiaras!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxooxoxox

Patti said...

All I will say is it has something to do with Italian food ...

Lynn said...

It's obvious to me that you need a tiara because you are a princess. (although I can't remember your princess name, but I know that you blogged about it in the past). But wait...if it has to do with Italian food then are you really the world famous Princess Spaghettini?

Odat said...

It's Prince Spaghetti Day!!! and you're going to be his Princess?
Peace