Thursday, March 27, 2008

A meal fit for a Queen

Ah, to be in the presence of royalty.
I am one of two people in the United States who can sit back and know what it is like to have dined with a blog queen today. The blog queen, I should say.
I can savor the memory of being near someone who lives in a castle complete with a dungeon and a moat.

Yes, Linda and I met Mimi. I didn't let on that I was invited to join them Thursday at a secret location in Connecticut, but I was. I tried to drop some hints, with the talk of tiaras and pencil skirts.
Her Majesty begged me to join them. I was honored indeed.
I couldn't have said no to the Queen, right?
It was such fun.
We laughed and talked and ate and drank non-alcoholic beverages like iced tea, hot coffee and diet cola. Two of us shared a dessert. I didn't talk as much as they, but then I am not a talkative one. I laughed though.

And we took pictures. Linda and I will only be able to post the photos pending the Queen's approval.
And she might not approve. I am anxiously waiting her decision. Her wish is my command.

9 comments:

Casdok said...

Ahh so thats what all your hints were about!
How lovely to meet fellow bloggers!

Odat said...

How wonderful!!! Isn't it just great to meet fellow bloggers? And you met a royal one! You're so lucky!!
Now I see what the heck you were doing in those prior posts...lol..
Peace

Linda said...

Good day, Princess Patricia! Don't forget to tell people that you have been granted a lifetime "Get Out of the Dungeon Free" pass and that your new title has been officially bestowed upon you!

I had such a GREAT time and can't remember when I've laughed so much and I'm sure people thought we had imbibing something a little stronger than tea, coffee, and diet coke! If I had seen us, I might have thought the same thing!

Tell Ralph his suggestion of where to meet was a great choice and easy to get to and that I'm looking forward to meeting him next!

Mimi Lenox said...

Good morning Princess Patricia,

It was my pleasure to meet you last night, along with Duchess Linda of Windsor. We had so much giggly fun it should have been against the law (and some of it probably was)....Just kidding! Well, the artificial flowers could have gotten me arrested but what else is new?

You are a such a delightful woman with a wonderful smile and warm spirit. And I got to talk to Ralph (Airhead55) but I don't think you finished the story about how you gave him that name. For later. Next meeting for sure! His directions were perfecto.

I'm writing a post this morning and sending photos your way. I'll talk to you in a bit.

I had such a great time!!

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - I did not get the photographs dear......Did you get mine?

Patti said...

Casdok and Odat: It was great meeting Linda and the Queen. So much fun.

Linda: Good day, my Lady. How is Day 2 of being a Duchess?

Mimi: The pleasure was all mine, Your Highness

Lynn said...

I am envious! You got to meet two other bloggers...and both royalty at that. You definitely lead a charmed life:) Long live the Princess!

Patti said...

Lynn: Hmmm...a charmed life...that's why I married Prince Charming, I guess!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

wonderful news and i am so happy for you (i mean jealous! ha ha ha)

smiles, bee
xoxoooxoxooxoxoxo