Sunday, December 30, 2007

There's always something

Ahh, a sunny but chilly Sunday morning here in Connecticut. It's quiet, unlike yesterday, which turned out to be anything but.

My mother planned to come over at 2 p.m. for birthday cake ~ at 2:45 we were still waiting so Kid Two called her. No answer. At 3, she called from the emergency room. It was a different emergency room at a different hospital than six weeks ago, but it was still an emergency room.

To make a long story short, my mother fell and fractured her pelvis. She is in a lot of pain and they sent her home with painkillers.
She also had to have stitches on her face and right index finger. It's the first time in her life she has had stitches, she said.
She has someone with her at home. I don't want to call yet to see how she feels just in case she is still asleep.

She was fortunate that a kind man was there when she fell who turned out to be a guardian angel for her. He drove her to the hospital, after the walk-in clinic people couldn't help.
That's another story for another day.
I'll write about him some other time.

8 comments:

Casdok said...

Your poor mother! She certainly is going through it.
I sincerly hope 2008 is a better year for all of you.

Joan said...

Oh dear...your mom certainly has had more than her share of crises this year. Thank goodness she seems to be watched over by so many earthly angels. I will keep her in my thoughts (and you too) and hope that, for the both of you, 2008 will be a much better year. Here are some {{hugs}} to help you get through this difficult time.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh no! the poor dear! hugs to you both...

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

Oh my. Your poor mom. She has certainly been through more than her fair share of stuff, lately. Hopefully 2008 will prove to be a more 'uneventful' year for all. ((hugs))

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, your poor mother! I hope she isn't in too much pain and that this is the end of her hard times this year.

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

Michele said...

Gosh, I'm sorry Patti. Your mom has gone through a lot as you have as well, I am sure. I hope the new year brings you strength to get through this and whatever life throws in front of you.
((Hug))
~Michele~
Rocky Mountain Retreat

Odat said...

When it rains, it pours...but the rainbow is always bigger at the end. Hang in there and I hope Mom will be ok.

Peace

Christy said...

It pleases me so much to know a good samaritan was there to help your Mom.

I am truly sorry she fell and I do hope she is able to recover quickly.