Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Need to vent today

I'm not a mean person. I know that, Ralph knows that, my family and friends know that...
But I'm going to sound mean if you keep reading this.
After opening the mail this morning, I feel like I'm about to explode. Simply put: I HATE THOSE DANG CHRISTMAS LETTERS PEOPLE SEND ME IN DECEMBER.
Whew! I said it.
I feel better.
This one today was a doozy. It included tales of death and broken bones yet it still was written in a perky, we have a perfect "Norman Rockwell/Currier & Ives life" tone.

I beg to differ. You really don't. No one does. Nope.
As Ralph just said to me, there is something wrong with the people who sent this. Really wrong. He said they're "empty. " I agree. It's sad.
And the two-page, single-spaced letter, filled with every positive and perky adjective in the book, well that's just insanity.

Meanwhile, on a happier note, I just bought myself yet another present (remember the 10-pack of markers last week?)
Today I found Charlie Brown and his pathetic Christmas tree and single red ornament, made of the finest plastic, at 25 percent off!! I just had to have it.

Setting that up later will soothe my upset. Something to look forward to...

8 comments:

Christy said...

Though I don't receive a letter like this, I have heard one. On Christmas Eve on year Braeden and I went to a relative's house. This relative read aloud one of "let letters" received over the holiday greeting period. It was hilarious. I know more personal information about this other crazy family than I do my own!

Rhea said...

Those long letters are pretty dumb. Can't they reduce it to bullet points?

Linda said...

I've never understood why people seem to think they need to do their life in review in a letter every year. The people who really care about what went on in your life for a year already know and if they don't know, they probably don't want to.

Hope your Charlie Brown tree made you feel better!

Lynn said...

I don't think that you are mean at all...in fact, I am sure that you don't have a mean bone in your body.

I think that you are being honest, and that you are fed up reading others drivel...which is exactly what the two-page, single-spaced Christmas letter was filled with!

Lynn said...

p.s. Way to go on the bargain...you are definitely related to Joan and I:~)

Patti said...

Christy: I know, it's funny yet boring at the same time.

Rhea: bullet points would help

Linda: I know. It's like, who cares? You did stuff last year.
Charlie Brown and his tree have definitely cheered me up.

Lynn: Drivel is right. I have no patience!

Mimi Lenox said...

I don't know about this kind of letter. What is a "let letter?" I get Christmas letters in the mail that are really mass mailed to everyone on their "list" but I don't think I've gotten one in an email. But then again, I just delete things right off the bat that look unfamiliar.

You're not mean, Patti. I like your fiesty side.

Patti said...

Mimi: I don't know what a "let" letter is either.
Glad you like my feisty side. Once in a while I take it out and dust it off.