Monday, December 31, 2007

Saying goodbye to 2007

Ralph and the kids just returned from dropping off a rented wheelchair for my mother, who fell Saturday and has a fractured pelvis. Ouch. She is in a lot of pain.
She was happy to get it, they report. I had to stay home and work, or else I would have gone too. I'm not a bad daughter, really! I'll be visiting her tomorrow.

Call us boring, but Homer and I are staying close to home for New Year's Eve. He is making chili but basically there will be no partying around here!
I'm sure happy to say farewell to this past year. The sooner the better.

6 comments:

Casdok said...

Im sure you are, and may next year be happier and healthier for you all!
Im sure your mum couldnt wish for a better daughter!
Happy new year!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

we are staying in as well, happy new year to you and ralph and the family! hoping 2008 is better and your mom is okay!

smiles, bee

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti- You are daughter extraordinaire. For sure. Your family has been through a lot in the past couple of months - more than your share. I wish and pray healing for your mother and that the pain go AWAY and rest and joy for the coming New Year.

Take care of YOU as well......

Joan said...

I know 2007 has been a year of turmoil for you and your family. I hope 2008 will be a much brighter one for you all. Happy New Year!

Christy said...

You'd have to call us boring too but we're okay with it. Being together and safe is what makes bringing in the new year so wonderful.

Mimi Lenox said...

I love your new duds! I'm working on revamping too. Have a great day and stay warm.