Saturday, September 1, 2007

Self-revelation: Part 1

I can no longer skirt the issue. Dear Mimi Pencil Skirt is right about this. I should reveal more of myself. I know it's therapeutic.
Even giving out the teensiest bit of info makes me feel like I'm making a friend or two who is reading this.

Here goes: (deep breath taken)

1. I had a heckuva time this morning cleaning my toenails. Yes, I said toenails. Revelation: I like to putter around in my flower garden barefoot. Hence, dirty toenails. Which sounds gross, but I can get earthy now and then. And we are going to a Christening and luncheon today and I'm breaking out my summer dress-up outfit so I had better be clean.

2. I'm genetically predisposed to shyness. When we are out in public, Ralph does most of the talking. I talk, but he really gets going.

That's all for now.

13 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

well okay then, that's a start! ha ha...

smiles, bee

the moose buyer said...

very interesting blog. Now at least we know you have a garden and toenails.

Lynn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynn said...

Now that I know that you like to putter around in your garden barefoot (see alternate definitions below for the word 'putz') don't you ever worry about stepping on gross bugs, or worms?

I think in every relationship there is usually one person who is more outgoing, and one who is less outgoing. Have you ever had anyone mistake you shyness for aloofness/snobbiness?

As for the use of the word 'putz' in your post, you might want to change it 'putter' since 'putz' also means:
1. Slang: A fool; an idiot.
2. Vulgar Slang: A penis.

Just sayin' :~)

Patti said...

Bee and Moosie: see how much you learned by reading this?

Lynn: guess I didn't know what that word meant. My bad. Putter is what I meant to say.
I hope no one mistakes me for being snobby. I'm not that quiet.

Joan said...

Ooooo...barefoot in your flower garden...it sounds so earthy. Do you wear flowers in your hair?

As for shyness, I was an incredibly shy child, teen and young adult. Now I seem to be able to talk to just about anyone I meet...even folks in front or back of me while I'm standing in line in a store. Just call me "chatterbox."

Patti said...

Dear chatterbox: I do the same thing now in the grocery store and such. And I have to talk to everyone for my job. But it was a long process to get here.
I guess I was exaggerating a trifle.
I was not talking about the new and improved me.

Mimi Lenox said...

This is so scandalous I can hardly bare to read it. Lol.

You have been royally tagged at Bloggingham Palace. Carry on with your earthy self and please try not to offend anyone with your scandalous nature at the picnic.

Sigh.

Mimi Lenox said...

Correction: BARE should be BEAR ...but I was thinking about your bare feet. Forgive!

Linda said...

Well, nothing like dipping your toes in to see how the water feels before taking the plunge!

Patti said...

Mimi: I am scandalous, as well as sandal-less.

Linda: I move slowly.

Odat said...

I just cannot believe you're shy!!!
Peace

Patti said...

Odat: Not really any more, but old habits are hard to break.