Saturday, September 8, 2007

The real me

Odat has this quiz over at her place this morning so I was happy to play along to discover my inner self. Give it a try!

Playful Amorous Temptress Rendering Intense Caresses and Impassioned Affection

Get Your Sexy Name

I used my full name so that I would get more words. I'm feisty like that. The quiz coincided with the post I had diligently prepared for today. I thought it was the perfect lead-in! Thanks, Odat!

~ This is a story about four-letter words and moi. ~
I once had a co-worker who thought I was sweet and innocent. Maybe I was, I was under 30 at the time.
She was startled at the end of a workday when, exasperated, yours truly came out with that four-letter word that starts with an S and, well, you know.

"S***?!? From Alice in Wonderland?" former co-worker exclaimed.
The truth was out. She thought of me as Alice, or maybe even Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. What had I done to deserve such a title? I was just being myself.

You guys don't think that about me, do you?
DO YOU??

Please respond, gosh darn it, because as we all know, it's all about ME.

10 comments:

the moose buyer said...

mine was sexy princess. Boy that's sure not me!!! I am absolutely not sexy and I don't picture myself as a princess.

Patti said...

Moosie: Now stop putting yourself down.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

alice? naw, not in a million years honey! ha ha ha

smiles, bee

Lynn said...

I think that if someone doesn't know you well, you come across as sweet, shy, quiet (at least that is what I thought when I first started reading your blog). But over time, I realize that you are also funny, witty, caring, compassionate and loyal. Certainly not Alice In Wonderland...but then not Alice Cooper either:~D

Linda said...

Here's the thing with Alice - she was a bit of an adveturess and managed to get herself into some rather interesting adventures. Consequently being an Alice might not be so bad however I certainly don't see you as the Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm type! Way too treacly sweet and you're much more real than that!

Patti said...

Bee, Lynn and Linda: thank you all! I wasn't fishing for compliments, really.

Odat said...

LOL at your sexy name....cute.
Oh and from what I know, definetly not Rebecca....more like alice...when she's 10 feet tall.
Peace

Patti said...

I'll have to post a photo of my White Rabbit.
:-B

Mimi Lenox said...

Patti - Anybody who takes that test and uses their real name is a rebel in my book.

I bow to your rebelness.

Is that a word?

Patti said...

Mimi: maybe not a word, but I'll take it.