Sunday, September 16, 2007

P is for Pancakes!

I just LOVE making pancakes on a Sunday morning.
It makes me feel like Donna Reed, in a good way. (That's an early '60s cultural reference for you young'uns.)
Now if only our daughter were home from school to enjoy them. Breakfast is better when the four of us are together.

This morning I will be observing our "new and expanded" Sunday school class. Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, several young families have started to attend our small church. That means kiddos and babies and crying (!) and such. The dear woman in charge is trying to get it organized. I'm one of the "teachers," and I use that term loosely.

I'm hoping the pancakes will sufficiently fortify me to be with those little darlin's for an hour.
UPDATE: Whew! none of the new children were there. Just the two original little guys who are brothers.

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sarge makes wonderful pancakes! good luck today...

smiles, bee

the moose buyer said...

I have never been a pancake person but before my bypass surgery, I did used to love French Toast. Now that too "sigh" is gone at least for now along with other bread products which just seem to stick in the middle of my chest on the way down.

sari said...

I always feel that way when I make bacon.

Patti said...

Bee: it worked out

Moosie: French toast is good too!

Sari: so you know what I'm talking about. It's domestic or something!!

Linda said...

Pancakes are the best! I especially like the way my Mom makes them where the edges are crispy but the insides are all nice and puffed and just beyond yummy!

Lynn said...

I love pancakes on Sunday mornings too...I'm just usually too lazy to make them (much to the chagrin of Ten and Twelve).

Patti said...

Linda and Lynn: go pancakes! ;-)