Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Steeplechase - Part III


Here's another installment in my Steeplechase series. Please don't leave yet. Only three photos today ;-)

This is another beautiful Catholic church in our town.
I love the light-colored stone work (as opposed to the dark gray stone of the 'cathedral' I posted the other day).









This white church is the original
First Baptist Church, built into a hill right near Main Street.
















And this is the cross atop the current First Baptist Church on the Hilltop, about two miles from downtown. --->


Even though we're not Baptists, it's the church where Ralph and I tied the knot. I knew the pastor there at the time, and asked him if he would perform our ceremony. And lucky for us, he did!

Little did we know in 1986 that we would be living less than a mile from where we got married.


It's a dark picture, because it was taken at 6:53 p.m. But I do like the effect of the clouds.
Someday I'll go back and take a better shot.

That's it for today, and Steeplechase 3.

6 comments:

maryt/theteach said...

Very nice shots along with the other steeples you've taken! :)

Patti said...

Teacher: why thank you!

Eve said...

I like those a lot. Now, that is why I am not a good photographer. I would never think to take a pic in that way. Most interesting!

Michael C said...

I've only been back East twice, but both times I have been immediately struck by the amount and beauty of the churches. For some reason, it's quite a bit different than what we have here.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

sorry to be late! i love this series!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Linda said...

When you're done chasing steeples, I have tagged you for a short little meme over on my blog if you'd like to pop by your Royal Princess!