Saturday, July 26, 2008

Steeplechase - Part 2

This is one of several Catholic churches in town.


Note to self : Next time get out of car and walk to this church located on busy street, to avoid capturing telephone wires and such. Good thing this isn't for a contest!





A cropped shot, sans wires:













A historic-looking neighborhood church.

Next on the tour is a beautiful stone Catholic church that to me looks like a cathedral.

And below it is yet another little neighborhood church that reminds me of a chapel in the woods. Two extremes in size and architecture.
I think I prefer the small one.









This is all a rehearsal for when I do my real hometown steeple project, with proper lighting, focus, etc.




There are more, but I think I will stop now.




Tomorrow is another day..Steeplechase Part 3 is around the corner.

7 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Dianne said...

sometimes the wires add texture to the sky :)

there are wires everywhere around here, often I don't see them until I look at the photo I took.

More great shots - I'm so glad you found your camera!

Patti said...

Dianne - thanks for understanding about the darn wires!
I was in a tizzy without the camera. Couldn't download the uploads.

Linda said...

Sometimes I think it's downright impossible to get a good shot that doesn't have wires in the way. Very frustrating!

I was thinking of you today as I was driving up to my Mom's house in Canterbury and wondering which churches up there would make for a good steeplechase of my own. I really do like this idea!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

so beautiful patti! and i believe all wires should be underground!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoox

maryt/theteach said...

Love your Steeplechase shots, Patti! I always have a problem with wires in shots - sometimes I can avoid them sometimes I can't! :)

Mimi Lenox said...

I love love love old churches. Amazing shots, wires or no wires. Keep 'em coming. We like, we like!