Monday, August 20, 2007

Slice of life

We had a fun get-together at our pastor's house yesterday. There were 33 of us, which is a lot for our congregation. Some folks were guests.
We met a woman who is a New York City native and she told us she used to read Shakespeare and Chaucer aloud to get rid of her accent. And she succeeded!
Ralph and I thought that was pretty cool.

In an unrelated development, Kid Two's geek skills are starting to pay off for him. This weekend he raked in $175 for working on computers. (Some was for past work.)
Our boy is earning money and building a reputation among friends and family. Today he will be making another house call.

Kid One is working another full day today, which is a good thing.

18 comments:

Odat said...

To be or not to be that is da question!!! Badda bing!
Peace

the moose buyer said...

will he make a house call to California to teach me blogging stuff? Of course I cannot afford to pay his transportation!!!

Sounds like the picnic was a blast!!

Patti said...

Odat: Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble...

Moosie: He can consult through the blogosphere through his mom.

sari said...

Glad you had a great weekend!

I am still sick, worse than I was. But...that's how it goes. :-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ohhh it's good when those kids work...

smiles, bee

Patti said...

sorry to hear that you are still sick, Sari

Bee: yes, isn't it grand when they make their own $$$

Linda said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday afternoon and congratulations to your son - sounds like he is going to be quite the entrepreneur!

Patti said...

Linda: I just told him a minute ago I am going to be nice to him. He is going to be the only one with cash around here..

Linda said...

Let me know if he decides to go into the loan business!

Patti said...

Linda: I kinda doubt it. ;-)

Joan said...

Wow...Kid Two is on his way to being yet another computer mogul and I'll be able to say I was around at the start! So...when will he be taking his talents on the road and making his way out West...remember...I'm the first one on the list!!!

Patti said...

Joan: you're first, Ina is second and Lynn is third, I guess...maybe he can meet the three of you in a central location. Does Rick want in on this too?

The Curmudgeon said...

Good to get a build a reputation as a computer wiz.

Until the FBI knocks on the door, that is....

Patti said...

You're scaring me,Curm.

Lynn said...

Boy, I stay away from the computer for a few days, and I am relegated to third place. Woe is me.

Patti said...

Lynn: you're more sensitive than I am and that's saying somethin'

You are all first for C's help, OK? Rick is second because he's a boy, and it's ladies first.

Lynn said...

Patti -That works for me. I like the ladies first concept (when it's convenient.)

Patti said...

Lynn: sounds good.
I've been noticing the times you blog. Kinda late. No wonder you're tired.