Thursday, August 30, 2007

Honored to accept this award

I was truly honored this morning to receive this award from the delightful woman who calls Bloggingham Palace home, none other than Mimi, Queen of Memes.

We have been busy today running errands, packing the van, driving and schlepping dorm room stuff (up to the fourth floor!) and have just returned from dropping off Kid One for Year Two of college.
So now I have a chance to thank Mimi publicly, and to steal from her post the info about this award, created by
Skittles.
Mimi is one of the first five recipients, and she was kind enough to select me as one of her honorees.
Quoting the Queen:

"This award is for bloggers who shine their light throughout the Blogosphere. Some do it with humor, others with creativity, and others with their kind and thoughtful natures. We all know more than a few of them so why not give them some recognition?"
I do enjoy being recognized, I must admit. I also admit to pangs of guilt, because each day I read such beautifully written posts that evoke emotions ranging from tears to laughter. I am invariably brief in what I post and tend not to reveal much of myself ...

It is difficult to come up with just five bloggers. Here goes:

I'll start with my first blogosphere acquaintance, Joan, The Erstwhile Librarian. She is a retired librarian who is detail oriented and analytical, as is her sister, Lynn, A Tired Mama, to whom I am also presenting this award.
Their cousin, Ina, the buyer who can't wait to retire, is also deserving. These three great women all live in California, as does my fourth honoree, Michael C who cracks me up. I laugh out loud as I read his words, which are usually about nothing worthwhile.
Last but by no means least is Michael's best blogging buddy and my new acquaintance, Odat. She has a wonderful sense of humor and spreads peace to all whenever she leaves a comment. This week Odat even introduced us via video to her little snot dog, Spud. An interesting canine, for sure.

Stealing again from Mimi:
Please display your badge - should you choose to accept it - on your blog with a link from whence it came and name five super bloggers.
You must also mention that it originated at
Skittles' Place so that she can keep track of the award's progress.

P.S. I also stole the idea to use different colors and fonts from Mimi. I hope the Queen doesn't get into a snit about this.

14 comments:

Lynn said...

To steal a quote from Elvis..."Thank you, thank you very much". I appreciate that you thought of me and I will display this award proudly.

Patti said...

Lynn, you are welcome!

Michael C said...

Thanks Patti!!!!! I will post my award when I return from work, because I should be heading there now to avoid being excessively late, as just a little late is OK
:D

Patti said...

Michael: don't be late ;-)

Odat said...

Firstly, Congrats to you...well deserved I must say.
And a big AWWWWWWWW from me...and a lil snort from snot dog!!!!!
and lots of thankssssssssssss!!!
That was real sweet and appreicated.
Peace

Joan said...

Congrats on your much deserved award. I'm on my way out the door but I couldn't leave without stopping by to thank you big time for sharing the award with me. I feel so honored and promise to display it with pride!

Patti said...

Odat and Joan: you both are most welcome..display it proudly, as I am

the moose buyer said...

Patti, thanks for this wonderful award. I truly love the awards even if I haven't figured out how to post them. I have asked Joan for help and we WILL be meeting for blog classes on the 13th of Sept.

Hope you guys have a great long weekend.

Linda said...

I think the Queen shall be pleased that you emulated her style in this post and it will definitely get you a "get out of the dungeon free" pass should you ever need it!

Congrats on the award but more importantly, congrats on the wonderful things that Mimi had to say about you!

I love your choices that you passed it on, too, also - great job!

Patti said...

Moosie: you're welcome and I'll be waiting until your Sept. 13 blog workshop.

Linda: congratulations to you also for receiving this award as well as for the nice things the Queen hath spaketh about you.

Mimi Lenox said...

You crack me up...."I hope the Queen doesn't get into a snit about this." I laughed and laughed.

Not necessarily suggesting that you reveal more about yourself (that's such a huge decision for a blogger) but I know we'd definitely like to read more of your words. I'm envious of the succinct manner in which you write. I have trouble with that (a bit long-winded I am) so I'm not complaining..I love your blog just the way it is. Just sayin.....that anything written by you, I'm sure, would be fabulous no matter the length.

Congratulations, again! You deserve it. Have a great weekend!

Mimi

Patti said...

Mimi: thank you so much for your kind words. And the succinct part is from years and years of daily newspaper work.

Revealing myself has always been difficult. I'm basically shy.

Hope you have fun this weekend too!

Anonymous said...

All pizza places of USA http://pizza-us.com/virginia/Salem/Pizza%20Den/24153/

Find your best pizza.

Anonymous said...

Protection - Could it be treated for wind resistance and can it repel [url=http://www.northfacecoatsforcheap.net]cheap north face jackets[/url] ? Most sportswear hoodies, regardless of whether from your North Confront or Patagonia, will offer you high-tech methods that continue to keep you safeguarded if you're miles from your home and vulnerable into the parts.Hood, Pockets - If you're hoodie's hood is appropriate with all the [url=http://www.northfacecoatsforcheap.net]north face coats[/url] you happen to be into, each of the better. Intelligent hoods will cinch within an unobtrusive way and may guard as necessary, needless to say.