Monday, January 11, 2010

'Tis good to learn stuff

Yesterday I taught a Sunday School "class" consisting of a 7-year-old and a 4-year-old. They are a big sister/little brother duo and are as adorable as can be.

We were using a lesson from Dec. 20, and talking about Mary, Joseph, and Baby Jesus in the manger.

Um...I guess I thought the manger was another word for the stable they found for shelter on that cold winter night. But the story said it was a feeding trough for the animals used for the baby's crib.

Where have I been? If I knew that once, I forgot.
Kid Two, Cameron, was helping me with the lesson and he said he'd inferred the manger was the makeshift crib from the words of the carol "Away in the Manger."

I'll be OK. It's good to learn something new every day..

3 comments:

Linda said...

Well, I guess it's better late than never to have learned what a manger is, right? And yes, it IS good to learn something new everyday!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

when stuff likes that happens just sit back and enjoy the *duh* moment... i do!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

CrAzY Working Mom said...

"Here's Your Sign!" :)