Sunday, January 3, 2010

Snow day Sunday

I'm trying to figure out what's so good about being (almost) snowbound. This is what I came up with:
  1. taking cat naps with two furry friends nearby ~ cozy!
  2. saving gasoline by staying home ~ thrifty!
  3. having more time to blog ~ nifty!
That's about it.

Finally I decided to venture out. It is just so cold with the dang wind chill that it's hard to get motivated to leave the house.
Allegra and I went to pick up dinner from one of the nicer Chinese restaurants around here. It costs a bit more than the take-out places, but it's nearby and I wasn't sure how slippery the roads were going to be. They were OK, thankfully, and we were back home with our food in no time.
We all enjoyed an early dinner and I didn't have to plan, prepare or clean up anything. Yay!

The restaurant owner told me (after I asked) that Chinese New Year is on Valentine's Day this year. It will be the Year of the Tiger.
The restaurant always puts on a big celebration, but we've never been to it. I think Ralph and I should plan on going this year. Sounds good to him.

So, how was your Sunday?


6 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i had a lovely nap after canasta today! on a cold gray day it was the perfect thing to do. and the soup was wonderful too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: Naps are wonderful, especially when it's cold outside.

Unknown said...

You found a perfect way to spend a snowy day.

I bet you and Ralph will have a wonderful time celebrating the year of the tiger. :)

Linda said...

I think that you and Ralph should most definitely go to the Valentine's Day/Chinese New Year shindig - I'm sure you'd have a lovely time!

Sounds like you had the perfect Sunday yesterday and it sure beat the heck out of my spending 16 hours at work and taking calls about car accidents because people just don't know enough to slow down when the roads are bad. If more people stayed in like you did, it would my job so much easier!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Cold here also...20 today brrrrrrrrrrrr

I worked on some graphics and planned a new entity in my life...

CrAzY Working Mom said...

It snowed here...it was actually a surprise to me. I didn't know we were expecting it. We stayed in (well, the kids went out and played for a bit first) and enjoyed one another's company...well, as much as you can with a house full of kids who want to go out and play in the snow! *LOL*

I think you should go for the celebration. It sounds like great fun.