Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sepia scenes

I took this photo Sunday of a memorial plaque that is dedicated to those who died in the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, 2001.
The monument is alongside the beach walk in West Haven.
That's where a wheel-a-thon to benefit the Center for Disability Rights was held.
I was there because Ralph works at CDR and he was volunteering that day, recording pledges and participants.
At the time I wasn't thinking sepia, but it works pretty well.

Here is the original:

To see more sepia-fied photos, visit Mary T, The Teach, at Sepia Scenes.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Very timely also. Nice shot.

Carletta said...

I think it works extremely well Patti! Nicely done!
The sepia takes away from the multi-colored tones and help define the major part of the plaque. Your eye gets drawn to what is important.
I echo Julie - the anniversary date is only a couple of times away - nice tribute.

Napaboaniya.Elaine Ling said...

I agree what Julie, it's a timely shot...

Napaboaniya APAD

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Very nice shot! The sepia gives it another dimension! Have a great day!

Sherrie
http://splummer-aviewofmylife.blogspot.com/2009/09/sepia-scenes.html

Anonymous said...

AMEN!

kayerj said...

lovely monument--and I agree with Julie, so timely. Thanks for the reminder. If you’d like to drop by and see my sepia scene & window views, they are here. thanks!

Heidi said...

We all need a reminder of what happened on the horrible day. I was just thinking about how quickly everyone in the media has forgotten about that tradgic event. Thanks for your post!
If you'd like to stop by my blog I'm at Cake Crumbs.