Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Is it just me??

The other day I was idly thumbing through a coupon book that came in the mail. On one page someone has his name and phone numbers on an advertisement for cremation services, with prices starting at blah, blah.

I turn the page and the same person has an ad for snowplowing, with the same phone numbers. With a 10% off coupon.

I don't know what to say. It just seemed odd that he would run such unrelated services.

Oh! and no discount for cremation. What the heck!


4 comments:

Mahala said...

Today, we tried to convince my boss, who does woodworking in his basement, that he needed to go into the coffin business to suplement his income. Anything's possible these days.

Linda said...

My guess is that he gives the discount for plowing because you're apt to call him back a time whereas with the cremation, chances are you aren't!

It does seem odd to have two completely unrelated services offered by the same person but I guess when times are slow in one field, you rely on the other to see you through. Besides, he's got both hot and cold going there!

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh that is bizarre!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxox

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Have to branch out these days to stay ahead of the bill collector