Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ what a doll

This is a sequel to my Barbie post last week. I saved her best friend, Midge, for today. Her red and white dress was a bit mildewy (she's been in that carrying case for more than 40 years) but I did my best to photograph her from her best angle.
Midge certainly has a cute, girl-next-door look. I'd say she's the wholesome one of the two - like Betty is to Veronica.Visit our wonderful hostess, Mary T, at Work of the Poet to see many more photos with a little or a lot of red in them. And have a great Ruby Tuesday.

10 comments:

Marie Reed said...

I was sooo happy to see this Part Deux! Midge's little freckles are just adorble! I WANT her ress in my size (wel.. without the mildew too) !

Maria's Space said...

Midge is in awesome condition.

I should pull out my old Barbies but I am afraid my daughter is too young still.

srp said...

I remember Midge... but never had one, although I did get my first Barbie only a year after her debut.. the blonde pony tailed one with the way overdone eye makeup. I had Skipper and do you remember when they had Barbie's really little sister... Pepper?

Carletta said...

Oh my gosh Patti!
This brings back so many memories.
I still have my Barbie doll and all her clothes.
Sounds like srp is right there with us. :)
Fun ruby post!

My post is here: Carletta’s Captures.

Suburban Girl said...

Thanks for the memories. I have no idea what happened to my Midge!

Linda said...

I never really liked my Midge because of her hair and freckles. I had a ton of freckles as a kid and was really self-conscious about them. Still, this Midge looks kinda cute mildew and all!

Mimi Lenox said...

I always liked Midge. What wonderful memories in that box!

Dianne said...

I love her freckles!
I had a sweater with the same neckline, made me think I was very dramatic

Jim said...

Hi Patti, you have kept Midge in good condition. My sister has a lot of Babrie dolls that were her daughter's. They are probably like our Adi (beagle dog), technically she is daughter Karen's but everyone knows she is my dog.
Happy RT, :-)
..

Karen said...

Wow, what a great looking barbie doll for having been stored for such a long time. Thanks for sharing.
http://www.ageorgiaangel.com/blog/?p=995