Saturday, May 30, 2009

If at first...

you don't succeed...

I'm posting a link to a story I wrote Thursday, which appeared in Friday's newspaper.
Last week I linked to a story about a World War II veteran, but it got no comments.

So I'm trying again, 'cuz if at first you don't succeed...

The story is about a beautiful little girl who is suffering from a degenerative illness, Neimann-Pick disease, and the children at a parochial school who wanted to do something to help her. I hope this post brings some awareness to the devastating disease, which has no cure.


3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

that was a beautiful story honey... what a brave little girl.

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Mimi Lenox said...

Thanks for being a voice for her. You are awesome.

Linda said...

What a lovely thing those kids did for someone less fortunate than themselves. I hope she enjoys her whirlpool tub and her muscles can relax a bit.

I was going to leave a comment on the Register but I appear to have totally forgotten my user name there and I'm not sure how to get it sent back to me. Hope a comment here will suffice!