Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our journey to church

No, not our faith journey. Our real trip to church this morning.
I'm glad I grabbed my camera on the way out the door because there's still some pretty fall color here and there. The morning sun and clear blue sky just added to the beauty.
So as Ralph drove, I took pix. It's only about a two-mile trip.

This is when we turned the corner off of our side street onto the state highway, before I decided to chronicle the ride. No, we don't live in the country.

Heading down the hill.

This is Elm Street Cemetery in our town's historic district.
(Note to Duchess Linda: Is that an orb?)

Elm Street.

Nearing the intersection.


Steeple coming right up. Shady side of street.

When we got to the parking lot, who was there but fellow church member and chef extraordinaire, Dennis, dressed in his Rye, N.Y. volunteer firefighter garb. He moved here to southern Connecticut from Westchester County a few years back.

Local firefighters visited our church today, as they do each October. Dennis is wearing an apron because he and another member volunteered to prepare lunch for a clergy meeting. Dennis had some yummy-smelling bean soup simmering on the stove. Perfect for a fall day.


Hope you enjoyed coming with me and Airhead 55 this morning. Have a peaceful Sunday.
~ ~ ~
Seems we all get so used to driving in our communities, and barely notice our familiar surroundings. If you're lucky enough to have someone else taking care of the driving, snap some photos. You'll definitely see your hometown in a different light.

4 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

thanks for letting me tag along and the bean soup sounds great!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Queen-Size funny bone said...

I enjoyed tat ride and I didn't even have to stop for a potty break.

maryt/theteach said...

Wonderful ride, Patti, only about 15 20 minutes upstate from me! Thanks for sharing. Say hello to Ralph! :)

Linda said...

Hmmm ... I can't quite tell what that is but it definitely doesn't look like it belongs there unless it's some sort of small wayward cloud!

Was it something that you could see before you took the picture? Hmmm ...