Monday, September 7, 2009

Ruby Tuesday ~ Long Island Sound


I took this photo after the 4th annual Wheel-a-Thon to benefit the Center for Disability Rights where Ralph works. The West Haven, Ct. beach is right down the street from the Center's office. It's a perfect spot for walking, jogging, biking, roller-blading and of course, wheelchair riding!

The route for the event was 1-1/2 miles. Ralph participated by working indoors with the laptop recording pledges, keeping track of the participants and the like. We're not sure of the final total but the director said he believed they raised more than $12,000 yesterday. Not bad for a holiday weekend. They may hold it on a different weekend next year to get more people involved.

I arrived there after church to be with Ralph. By then the morning event was all over, but I got there just in time for a "free lunch." What timing I have! tee hee.

The patriotic banners along the beach walk caught my eye...I saw red, I guess you could say, and knew it would be a perfect shot for this week's Ruby Tuesday post.
Below is one of the totes our "free" lunches were packed in. I was happy to come home with two of them. I know they'll come in handy.


P.S. Here's a picture of Ralph I surreptitiously snapped Sunday. He gave me permission to post it. ;-)

To see many more Ruby Tuesday photos featuring a little or a lot of red, visit our hostess, Mary T, The Teach, at Work of the Poet.

11 comments:

Carletta said...

I was just at Ralph's and your post further lets me 'see' into the happenings.
Wow, that is an impressive figure!
I loved enlarging your photo. I think I'd like sitting under one of those blue umbrellas I can see.
A great shot of Ralph and wow, what a view!
Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Leora said...

I enjoyed the photo of Ralph the best! The top photo is a great eye-catcher.

Sounds like a nice and useful event - glad the fundraising did well.

I decided to publish my RT
Reds of Cape May. Hope Mary is OK.

storyteller said...

Sounds like a great event and your photos are PERFECT for Ruby Tuesday. I've shared my Ruby Post at Small Reflections ... still watching TENNIS of course ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Momgen said...

That looks a pretty place to visit...Happy RT! Mine is up also....

mine is here thanks

Miranda said...

Very nice shots! Looks like a nice place to take a stroll.

Mamí♥Picture said...

☼¨`*•.♥C☺☺L shots!♥.•*¨`☼
Thanks for sharing!
Have a Lovely♥Day!
To view my Ruby Tuesday you can visit my kiddos blog @
http://www.365daysofourlife.com
See ya!☺!

Dianne said...

the sound is so pretty
and that boardwalk section looks lovely

great event!
kudos to all who participated

the photo of Ralph is wonderful

Becca said...

Great, colorful pictures. I need to start carrying a camera with me everywhere so I can get pics outside of my house lol

Robin said...

Ralph and his colleagues did a terrific job with the fundraising, it sounds like it was a really successful event, and in a beautiful setting to boot.

Jim said...

Hi Patti, I am glad you belong to our club, "Never Miss a Free Meal.'
It must be nice to live so close to the beach.
Ralph looked real good, I am glad he gave you permission.
Happy RT, please peek in on my new granddaughter one more time. She is wearing red.
..

EG CameraGirl said...

Does Ralph get to see that view every day? I'm jealous if he does.

I'm glad the fundraiser did so well and hope that next year it goes even BETTER!