Friday, September 4, 2009

Looking at the Sky ~ in Paris


I haven't taken any sky photos lately, nor have I participated in Tisha's wonderful meme. But I'm back.
I found this photo our daughter took in 2005 from a boat (Bateau Mouche) as we were floating down the Seine on an April evening. Doesn't that sound delightful? It was.
It is one of three replicas of Lady Liberty in Paris, but the only one we saw.

According to Wikipedia, this one is near the Grenelle Bridge on the Ile des Cygnes, an island in the Seine. It was dedicated Nov. 15, 1889 and looks toward the Atlantic Ocean and its "larger sister" in New York Harbor.

You can see that Allegra caught part of the Eiffel Tower in the background. We'll go back there someday. I hope!

To see many more sky photos, visit our hostess, Tisha, at CrAzY Working Mom.


7 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Very cool shot of the replica and Eiffel Tower. Yes, you NEED to revisit Paris some day. ;-)

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful and Allegra did a good job capturing the Eiffel Tower in the background, too!

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh wow! How cool. I've never been either. But, I'd LOVE to go someday. Thanks for taking me there. :)

Happy Friday!!!
-Tisha @ Looking @ The Sky on Friday

Calico Crazy said...

Beautiful, beautiful photo. I would so love to go to Paris someday.

Calico Contemplations

Dianne said...

it does sound delightful!!
and the color of the sky is wonderful

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

france is one place we have never been! lovely photo!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxo

storyteller said...

Lovely skies over Paris ... brings back memories of MY visit to that wonderful city during the summer of 1967. I've shared MY skies at Happily Retired Gal this week.
Hugs and blessings,