Monday, February 9, 2009

I need to get back to blogging

In the span of four days last week we had a small, but real connection to three people who died. One was a young mother of two killed in an accident. She is related to our niece's husband. Another was the mother of a friend from church and the third was one of Ralph's co-workers, who has used a wheelchair for many years.
Ralph and his co-workers are going to the funeral mass this morning.
It makes you think how fleeting this life really is..

Yesterday we managed to have some fun! We attended an interesting program about a local man who fought in the Civil War. Ralph wrote about it here.

I participated in all those wonderful photo memes last week, but have yet to do much commenting. I feel guilty and will try to do so later.

It's a new week and I'm really going to try to make it a good one!

7 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

it's tough when your real life gets in the way of your internet life honey!

smiles, bee
xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: You got that right!

Queen-Size funny bone said...

Its always the unexpected that knocks us for a loop. Jump on in we miss you.

Catherine said...

Si triste quand de jeunes personnes vous quittent soudainement.
J'espère que la joie du blog te détournera de ta peine.
Amitiés, Patti.

storyteller said...

I'm sorry for you recent loses. Methinks real life always trumps blogging and I'm sure you'll return to this virtual world when the time feels right. Take care ...
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

You and me both, your Princessness!

I am making an attempt to get back into the Wonderful World of Blog though there was no way that I was going to read the 739 posts that were in my Google Reader this afternoon! Hopefully people will forgive me for just reading the top posts and marking the rest as read otherwise I'd never ever catch up.

Let us wish a good week to both of us and see how we do, shall we?

Michele said...

Oh, I'm sorry about all that has happened... so sad indeed.
I hope that life gets back on track for you both...

Hug♥