Sunday, December 28, 2008

A sentimental season

I went to a Christmas party for employees' children a few years ago, and even then people were spelling my name wrong!
It's not '"y," it's "i" - P-A-T-T-I

Here's the photo in sepia tones:

At first I thought the photo was circa 1959, but on second thought I think it was the early 60s...
~~~
The Christmas season has always been my favorite time of the year. When I was little it was all about Santa (as an only child I got a lot of loot), my birthday and my father's birthday the next day and now, well it's also about Santa, my birthday and my daughter's birthday. Allegra was born on my birthday in 1988. Woo hoo!!

So we're still celebrating around here. Have a nice Sunday!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Awwww... you are such a cutie!!!
I still think today that Christmas is for kids, it's just the way I am.
Even though I never had a Christmas ever as a child, I still believe children should have wonderful Christmases! Go ahead and spoil them!
A very nice photo, Patti!

~Michele~

Patti said...

Michele: Aren't you celebrating your birthday on Wednesday?
;-)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

happy birthday patt"i"!!!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

storyteller said...

Cute photo ... and it seems to me that it's fine to be sentimental any time ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Mimi Lenox said...

That is adorable with a capital A. You heartbreaker you!

P.S. Are you feeling the empty nesties about now? Just wondering....

maryt/theteach said...

Patti, I love the sepia photo! Submit it at my blog Sepia Scenes, why don't you?

BTW HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!

maryt/theteach said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday to Allegra too! My best to Ralph! :)

Patti said...

Bee, Mary: thanks for the wishes. I guess I was looking for attention by announcing my birthday is tomorrow!

Storyteller: I agree, it's always OK to be sentimental!

Mimi: that is quite a compliment coming from royalty. No empty nest yet..

maryt/theteach said...

No problem to ask for attention, Patti! Glad you like my new Ruby Tuesday badge! :)

Catherine said...

Very nice picture, Patti. You're just like Ralph, you love these pictures that tells people's story. Your story.
Joyeux anniversaire, Patti, belated, but I celebrated it on your husband's blog when he wrote about it in December.And I was on time at this moment.*
Joyeux Anniversaire aussi à Allegra. (Is it the good spelling, I hope so. Excuse me if I made a mistake on her first name.)