Monday, December 8, 2008

'Ansoniafeller Center'

Ralph took me to Main Street Friday so I could get some photos of Christmas decorations. He drives, I snap, and practice taking nighttime photographs.
I even got out of the van. Brrrr... it was cold, and not yet 5 p.m., and we would have had to wait for more than an hour for the official Christmas tree lighting at 6 p.m. We decided against it.

I settled for some other pix. Like this one of Main Street, heading toward 'Ansoniafeller Center.'

And this one of a tree next to the park on Main Street. I did some experimenting with auto-level:And this is one of the light pole decorations. Woo hoo!

On Saturday evening we went back to the park next to City Hall ('Ansoniafeller Center') and I got pictures of the tree all aglow. I stayed in the vehicle this time. Brrrr....


That's all for now. May your days and nights be merry and bright!

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hope your days are bright too patti!

smiles bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

storyteller said...

How fun to see your photos of Christmas lights ... complete with your experimentation!
Hugs and blessings,

Linda said...

Well ... er ... uhm ... ah ... I give you lots of points for trying on the night photography! Trickier than it looks, isn't it?

If there's one thing I've found out it's that movement + night photos = blurry (especially if the movement is whilst in a moving car!). It makes for some very interesting effects, though, and I rather like all the light squiggles!

The other thing I found out is that night photography involves a certain amount of freezing one's body parts off if one is doing it in the winter months! I really need to invest in some fingerless gloves and thermals!