Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Just six words sum it up

I took this meme from Empress Bee's post today. She was tagged by Akelamalu.
I've seen it before but never really tried it.

It all started over at SMITH Magazine, and the copy and paste history is thus:

Legend has it that Hemingway was once challenged to write a story in only six words. His response? “For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” Last year, SMITH Magazine re-ignited the recountre by asking our readers for their own six-word memoirs. They sent in short life stories in droves, from the bittersweet (“Cursed with cancer, blessed with friends”) and poignant (“I still make coffee for two”) to the inspirational (“Business school? Bah! Pop music? Hurrah”) and hilarious (“I like big butts, can’t lie”)."


The rules of the meme are:

1. Write your own six word memoir.
2. Post it on your blog and include a visual illustration if you’d like.
3. Link to the person that tagged you in your post, and to the original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogosphere.
4. Tag at least five more blogs with links.
5. Don’t forget to leave a comment on the tagged blogs with an invitation to play.

Here goes:


1. I will write for money, food

2.
Ralph, two children make me happy

3. Note to self: start writing book


4. Linus and Rigby have much fur


Give it a whirl!


8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

ha ha ha, good ones! it was fun, wasn't it? trying to sum up yourself in just six words!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: yes, it was fun!

Linda said...

Excellent job but in keeping with the theme you should have written -

"Go ahead, give it a whirl"!

I know, I'm a smart Aleck, what can I say??

Mimi Lenox said...

I particularly like Number 3.....

Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Word is that Hemingway wrote this heart-breaking six-word story:

For sale: baby shoes. Never used.

Lynn said...

I would, but don't know how:~(

Odat said...

I keep thinking about this one and nothing has come to mind yet....
Peace

Patti said...

Linda: Very good! And for yours you can use what you wrote: "I know, I'm a smart Aleck."

That's six words ;-)

Mimi: Thought you might. Me too.

Pawlie: It is sad, isn't it?

Lynn: Excellent job!!

Odat: You can do it ~ "Nothing has come to mind yet" is six words.