Saturday, April 26, 2008

I hate when this happens ...

  • I bookmark interesting things, in an effort to be organized, then a few days later I've totally forgotten that I've bookmarked them.
  • When I don't visit blog friends for a couple of days, and they have written incredible posts and I'm last to comment. Then I'm sorry I didn't visit in a timely fashion because I'm afraid they won't go back and see that, although late to the party, I've read and commented on their creative writings.
  • When I get caught up in minutia, and the day seems to slip away, leaving me with piles of minutia, both tangible and intangible.
  • When I start planning Patti's pity party (love the alliteration there). Things have been going haywire for too long around here, and I keep trying to joke my way past the anxiety and upset.
That's all for now.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

i always know when you comment honey cause the comments come via email too!

smiles, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

Patti said...

Bee: You are one high-tech woman. That's more advanced than I.

Christy said...

Me thinks you're being too hard on yourself. Bloggers and commentors and the meshers between them all understand one thing...we are human and we have other lives outside of blogging. =o)

Linda said...

Like Bee, I get my comments via email (there's a place you can set that up in your Blogger settings) so I always know when you visit and I'm thrilled that you've stopped by no matter when it is!

Life has a way of overwhelming us sometimes and getting in the way of the more fun things - like blogging! It's like Christy said, we all have lives outside of the blog and we all understand when that life gets busy and the blogging has to take a backseat sometimes.

I try to joke around the anxiety and upset myself as sometimes that seems the best way to handle it but then there are times when pity parties in particular provide pause and possibilities perhaps providential! Phew!

Odat said...

Are you having a bad day? Just asking! It'll get better! I promise.

(I too always see your comments (via email).

Peace and hugs!

Linda said...

I wanted to add that one of my other blogging buddies, MightyMom, was having a pissy week and part of her post was some alliteration by the one and only Dr. Suess. She asked what makes us smile when we're feeling pissy and I left her the comment, "Awesome alliteration always acts as an antidote to angst and anger!" I thought you might appreciate that one yourself you being the alliterative type and all!

Lynn said...

I hate when those things happen, too! Be sure if you decide to hold "Patti's Pity Party" that you remember to invite me.

sari said...

I have a problem routinely catching up on things because of the baby. I then have to catch up in leaps and bounds, so you're not the only one!!