Tuesday, April 29, 2008

On birthdays, cake and cats

For Ralph's birthday on Saturday Betty Crocker and I baked a yummy cake.
Happy Birthday, Airhead 55 !!

After that, we took a trip to a new pet supply store owned by the woman from whom we adopted our cats, Dopus 1 and Dopus 2.
OK, those are not their names... and I'm not being very nice, am I?
She rescues cats as a volunteer for a local shelter and links up adoptive parents with cats being fostered.
We told her all about our cats' progress and she was happy to hear how well they've adjusted.
Linus and Rigby have become lords of the manor around here, with our encouragement.
We don't yell at them when they misbehave.
Instead, I run for the camera. And try to capture the silly moments.
No more hiding under the bed or running away from us as we reach to pet them.
They're free to act like the felines they are.

As you can see, I turn my back for a minute, and they decide to explore inside the kitchen drawer. ----->

How unsanitary! But things can be cleaned, right? They were only there for a minute. Just long enough for me to get the camera!

6 comments:

Michele said...

It's amazing the silly things cats will do when you turn away for just a second... I only have one cat but having 2, gosh, that must be hilarious! Great photo and I imagine the cake you baked was deeelicious!!

Patti said...

Michele: It is hilarious. It's fun to photograph these guys.
;-)

Mimi Lenox said...

Happy Birthday to Ralph!
Did you have funny hats and candles and balloons and everything? Huh? Huh?

(May I please have a slice of cake, Patti? I need a midnight snack....)

Lynn said...

What good kitty cats! I love that you have the presence of mind to grab your camera. They've come a long way.

Michael C said...

There's a 5-second rule for kitchen drawers too, right?? ;-)

I hope Ralph had a great b-day!!

Patti said...

Mimi: candles, but no hats or balloons :-(

Lynn: they are progressing for sure

Michael: yes, 5 seconds and out!