Sunday, January 6, 2008

What's in a name?

I never had a cat until I was over 40. Now I'm a bit older, our Humphrey died way too young last June, and I'm about to be the proud owner of two furry felines.
These brothers will no doubt be giving me something to blog about!

Last night I was going through lists of male names, and came up with a few. In the H category, in honor of Humphrey, I chose Hayden. I know, kinda bizarre. But you must agree it's different.

I think this re-naming of Teddy and Tommy is going to be a bit of work.

8 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

hayden is a lovely name!

smiles, bee

Odat said...

I like it...!

Peace

Patti said...

Bee and Odat: thanks!

Mimi Lenox said...

Does he play piano? It's spelled differently...but he does a musical sounding name.
Just askin.....

Lynn said...

I also like the name Hayden. My experience with pets is that once I get to know them better, their names just always came to me. Hopefully this will happen for you too.

Casdok said...

Lovely name!

Michele said...

Love the name Hayden!

the moose buyer said...

Hayden is a great name. Do you have a name for the other brother. I was thinking a funny name for a cat if you want an "H" name would be "HAIRY" especially if the cat was bald.