Thursday, January 24, 2008

Humphrey never did that

We have been saying those four words a lot lately around our house.
Our two new cats are getting frisky, and brave, and often jump on things. The kind of stuff that Cat One, aka Humphrey, never did.

If they feel threatened, they make a beeline for the dusty enclave 'neath our bed. Other than that, they seem like they are adjusting.
They let me pet them, and have even been heard purrrrrrring.

I've got them on a schedule (yeah, right) of eating at 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., although sometimes before I go to bed I put some food in their bowls for their midnight snacks. It's always gone by morning.

I'm trying to win over the furry fellas with food, and catnip, and so far my master plan seems to be working.

12 comments:

Michele said...

Woohoo, you go get 'em Patti! They may have won the battle but they haven't won the war!! I'm happy they are finally starting to warm up.

Patti said...

Thanks Michele! I hope we're on the right track.

Mahala said...

Just be patient :) Our Spooky was a stray (we think someone put her out when she was very little) and had been on her own so long, it took almost a month to coax her in the house. She lived in our shed all that time, only coming out to get food. Now she won't leave us alone lol.

Patti said...

Mahala: I hope that they start to stay around me. I like the cat companionship!

I'm trying to be patient.

Lynn said...

Sounds like your master plan is working very nicely. Do they scamper at night if you don't give them their midnight snack?

Joan said...

I name you "Master Cat Handler of the Year." Of course, I'm not sure anyone can truly "handle" a feline.

Casdok said...

Lovely to hear they are letting you stroke them and purring!

slow panic said...

sounds like you are properly wooing them. i love cats.

Linda said...

Cats, like armies, tend to run on their stomachs so it sounds like you've taken the proper action for getting them under control!

Yay for the purring!

Mimi Lenox said...

They'll never outwit you Miss Patti. Not in a million catnips.

Michael C said...

We have yet to get another cat after ours passed. We did temporarily get another dog...after the 15th new hole in the yard, I can tell you that I'd rather have a new cat...

Christy said...

Yay for purrrrrrring! Such a great sound!