Saturday, September 29, 2007

Keep on walkin'

Um...I'm out of shape. I know it. But nevertheless I am taking the Iron Woman challenge (well, not exactly) this morning and walking for a good cause.

It's a four-mile round trip.
I've been training. Sort of. Walking in the morning around the neighborhood...

Our daughter is home from college and she will join me and her brother to walk for a local organization that operates a homeless shelter and food bank network.

We do the walk every year, and I'm glad that she wanted to be with us to participate again this year.
Now to just wake those two teens up.

8 comments:

Odat said...

Go Patti! Go Patti! Go Patti~
;-)

Have fun and good luck.

Peace

Patti said...

gracias Miss Odat

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

you go girlfriend! i am duly impressed as i sit on my rather large butt! ha ha

how is mom?

smiles, bee

Patti said...

Bee: I did it! I just needed a nap this afternoon, but I would have needed one anyway...

My mother is doing well and now she says she needs to have the other eye done.

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

glad to hear about your mom!


smiles, bee

Patti said...

thanks, Miss Bee.

P.S. I am baking a cake as I write this!

Lynn said...

Sounds like a wonderful event. How do you feel the morning after?

Patti said...

Lynn: I'm fine...wish I walked that much everyday ~