Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Adam makes us all smile

On Saturday we attended a wonderfully happy family event: the christening of little Adam, who was born in February, three months too soon.
These days he is what his Uncle Rick, his proud godfather, calls him: "a chunkaccino."
Adam has grown from that skinny little guy in the incubator to a baby who is in the 90th percentile for his weight. When he was born he was a mere 2 pounds, 12 ounces. What a cute baby he is now.
Adam is still kinda sleepy, because he is actually only three months old.
His mother and father were all smiles Saturday as they doted over their little miracle.

Our day was already chronicled on Sunday by my one and only, Ralph, but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

(And I thought Empress Bee would like some cake).

11 comments:

Odat said...

Aww...He's sooo cute!! I just read Ralph's account...sweet!
You're so nice to have cake for Bee..she's gonna love you!
Peace

Joan said...

Yeah for little Adam! It sounds like he had a very busy day! And I just love that cake...yum!

Lynn said...

It's so nice to see happy beginnings;~) Glad to hear that he is doing well. That cake looks good to me too...will Empress Bee share?

Patti said...

Odat: I hope Bee stops by today...

Joan: He had a busy day, for sure.

Lynn: It was marble cake. We had ice cream with it too. With chocolate syrup! Yay.

(I'll leave out the prime rib we had, Lynn)

The Curmudgeon said...

Just keep the cake covered; I'm sure Bee will stop by when she gets the chance....

Patti said...

thanks Curm. good advice

Dan said...

And your 2 cents was just as wonderful Patti! He's a real cutie!

Patti said...

thanks Dan (and no piercings LOL)

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

oh my! this is the first time i have ever been late for cake!!! please forgive me dear... what a lovely thing to do!

smiles, bee

Linda said...

Chunkacinno - I love it!

Cake ... I love that, too, but it doesn't love me! :-(

Patti said...

Bee: that's OK ~ we're going to another family bash Saturday ~ I'll save you some cake.

Linda: I was waiting for someone to comment on "Chunkaccino!" ;-)