Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Life is short; seize the day

Never have these words meant more to me than in the past two weeks.

Sadly three people to whom I was connected in different ways have passed away during that time. I wrote about one of them, a former colleague who passed away at 91, here.

The other two, neither of whom I met in person, were in their 70s. My heart goes out to a friend who lost her mom and another friend who lost her soul mate.


May all three rest in peace.


~

I haven't posted lately; nothing like breaking a New Year's resolution.

But I think the reason I haven't been able to come up with anything to write is because the almost-daily medical appointments have stopped. My online cancer journal came to a halt.


But today that changed..I went for a bone density scan. That's gotta be the easiest medical test ever. And none of that pesky fasting beforehand!

It was a new machine and it was really fast. The woman administering the test said it used to take a half hour. This lasted five minutes.

I'll get the results in a few days from my primary care physician and then schedule an overdue physical with him. Last year with all that chemo and radiation (now just a memory) just didn't seem like the right time to have a physical.

So...I wanted to see if I could still write a blog post. It looks like I can.

3 comments:

Empress Bee (of the high sea) said...

seize the day is great advice patti. great indeed.

smiles, bee
xxoxooxoxxo

Linda said...

Yep, looks like you can!

Here's hoping that the results from your bone density test come out with all the right numbers and that your physical goes well also!

As for seizing the day, it's one of those over-used phrases but if you stop and think about it, it's a really, really good idea. Weeks like this last one have proven that out perfectly.

Cinderella said...

I hope all three people's souls are with God now, and it is abright and shining experience, all the pain felt in this lifetime on earth left behind them. May they indeed rest in peace, as beings of *Light*

Hope your bone density results turn out well for you, dear Patti, and that your phyiscal exam does too!

((HUGS))